I was lucky enough to receive a Sunbeam Crock Pot 12-in-1 Multicooker recently, it was perfect timing really as we are smack bang in the middle of winter = slow cooker season!
Unlike a regular old slow cooker, the Crock-Pot is multi-functional, meaning you can sauté, slow cook, steam and pressure cook all from the one pot. I can cook an entire meal from the one pot so there’s less washing up after dinner, which let’s face it, every mum wants!
The best thing about this machine is that it helps me be more time efficient and it limits my time away from the kids. I can basically set the meal to cook and then come back when it’s ready to enjoy. I’ve been using it at least once, if not twice a week. It definitely makes mid-week meals less stressful for busy mums.
We all have those days where we have forgotten to set the slow cooker up in the morning amongst the rush of getting out the door, so this is where the pressure cooker is a life saver. You really only need 30-45 minutes and you have a ‘slow cooked’ meal, cooked fast! This also makes it perfect for a last minute dinner with friends that is sure to impress!
I’m not a huge meat eater as most of you know I have been vegetarian (up until very recently) for a long time, however I’ve started to introduce chicken into my diet again.
I’ve promised you guys for quite a while that I would share my Chicken and Vegetable Curry recipe – a family favourite in our house. I cooked it in the Crock-Pot last week and it was SO GOOD!
I would definitely recommend this product for all busy families and it doesn’t break the bank. Unlike some expensive appliances I have in the kitchen that basically sit unused, the Crock-Pot is only $149. You can grab one for yourself right here: www.crockpot.com.au
Crock Pot Chicken & Vegetable Curry
What You Need:
- 2 Chicken Breasts – chopped (can be omitted for vegetarians or replace with 1 sweet potato or 1 can of chickpeas)
- 4-5 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Celery Storks
- 1 Can of Coconut Cream
- Chicken Stock Powder / Vegetable Stock
- Curry Powder
- Spring Vegetable Soup Mix x 2-3 Sachets
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch (to thicken)
What To Do:
- Saute 1tsp of Curry powder and chopped onion for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute for a further 5 minutes.
- Add all vegetables, 1 tablespoon of curry powder, 1 tablespoon of chicken stock powder, the soup sachets (made up with water as per instructions), 4 cups of water and set to Slow Cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove ¼ cup of liquid and combine with the corn starch, mix into a paste then return to the pot. This will help thicken the liquid.
- Pressure Cook for 30 minutes. (Don’t forget to release steam/valve – being careful not to burn yourself).
- Add coconut cream and stir through.
- Serve with rice and warm breadrolls.